Hotel Magnate is a tycoon/simulator game that gives you the tools to build and manage your own hotel, motel, luxury resort, or shabby shack. It is whatever you make of it.
Beginning with nothing but dreams and an empty lot, you can shape your hotel to your liking. Pick from an assortment of rooms and facilities that will grow both your floorspace and your revenue stream. Build restaurants for the foodies, day spas for the vacationers, and conference halls for the workaholics. There’s a wide range of rooms to choose from.
Once you’ve laid down the foundations, it’s time to pick out the decor. That’s right, you get to customise everything down to the furniture and decorations. Make it wacky, make it classy, or change up the theme from room to room. You will attract different types of guests as your hotel grows and its rating changes, bringing new opportunities and challenges. Remember, the customer is usually wrong, but you’re in the service industry now. Get your hotel in shape, slap on your best smile, and be prepared for whatever comes.
Behind The Game
Arcade Oven is a small indie game developer based in Sydney, Australia with the goal of creating immersive simulator and strategy games. Arcade Oven was founded by James Hindle who is the Creative Director & Designer of Hotel Magnate.
Hotel Magnate and its fans successfully crowdfunded the game through Kickstarter in 2019 and have since received funding from the Australian Government through Screen Australias’ “Games: Expansion Pack” grant.
- Build, furnish, and oversee your own multi-level hotel
- Tend to your guests’ needs and demands, and attract wealthier clientele by improving facilities and securing better ratings
- Hire employees to clean, serve, manage, and maintain your hotel
- Take control of the inner-workings of your hotel by managing room prices, wages, restaurants, and many other operations
- Become adept at marketing to attract more types of guests and generate buzz